JFK is a 1991 American historical drama-thriller film directed by Oliver Stone and starring Kevin Costner as New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison. The film examines the events leading up to the assassination of United States President John F. Kennedy (supposedly by Lee Harvey Oswald from the Texas School Book Depository) and the alleged cover-up through the eyes of Garrison, who reopened the investigation into those responsible for his death.
JFK was nominated for eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Actor, winning two for cinematography and film editing.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About The JFK Film
1. JFK is one of the director’s best-reviewed movies. JFK currently holds a 73% “fresh” rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with the site’s consensus reading: ” JFK is a sprawling, messy epic, and it often seems like the cast is throwing everything he can think of up on the screen.” JFK is also one of Stone’s highest-grossing films, making over $205 million at the worldwide box office.
2. JFK was released in theaters on the 28th anniversary of JFK’s assassination. JFK was released in theaters on December 20, 1991, exactly 28 years after President Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas.
3. Kevin Costner turned down the lead role in JFK three times before finally accepting it. Costner initially turned down the role of Jim Garrison because he didn’t want to be typecast as a JFK conspiracy theorist. He also turned it down because he felt he wasn’t the right fit for the role and because he was worried about how JFK would be received by audiences.
4. JFK was shot in more than 30 locations, including Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas, where JFK was assassinated. JFK was also shot in New Orleans, Louisiana (Garrison’s hometown), Washington D.C., and Los Angeles, California.
5. JFK features an all-star cast, including Kevin Costner as Jim Garrison, Tommy Lee Jones as local businessman Clay Shaw, Gary Oldman, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Bacon, Walter Matthau, Joe Pesci, and Sissy Spacek. JFK also features cameos from JFK conspiracy theorists such as Mark Lane, Jim Marrs, and Cyril Wecht.
5 Reasons Why JFK is an Important Film
JFK is an important film for a number of reasons. First, it was a controversial and thought-provoking film. Second, it starred Kevin Costner, who gave a strong performance as JFK. Third, the film was nominated for eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture. Fourth, JFK was a box office success, grossing over $200 million worldwide. Finally, JFK is an important film about Kennedy’s death as it continues to be popular and influential today, nearly 25 years after its release.
JFK is a fascinating look at the events leading up to JFK’s assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald, and it’s packed with interesting facts and trivia. If you’re a fan of JFK conspiracy theories, JFK is a must-see.
Why I Loved The JFK Film
JFK is one of those movies that you can watch over and over again and never get tired of. This movie is a true classic. The story follows Jim Garrison, New Orleans District Attorney, (played by Kevin Costner) as he tries to uncover the truth behind the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. JFK is a fascinating character study, and Costner really brings him to life. The supporting cast is also excellent, including Joe Pesci, Jack Lemmon, and Kevin Bacon.
The movie is masterfully directed by Stone, who infuses it with his trademark style. The editing is particularly superb, and the use of split screens is very effective. JFK is a truly gripping film that will leave you thinking long after it’s over.
We all went into JFK with high expectations. JFK is one of the most controversial films of all time, and it did not disappoint. The movie was gripping, well-acted, and eye-opening.
While JFK may be a bit too long for some viewers, it is definitely worth watching. Stone’s direction is masterful, and Kevin Costner gives an excellent performance as Jim Garrison. JFK is a must-see for any fan of political thrillers or history buffs.
Why JFK is one of the most underrated movies of all time
Stone’s film JFK, starring Kevin Costner, is one of the most underrated movies of all time with plenty harsh reviews by film critic.
The movie JFK was released in 1991 and is a historical drama that depicts the investigation into the assassination of President Kennedy. The movie JFK starred Kevin Costner as New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison. JFK was nominated for eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture, and won two Oscars for Best Cinematography and Best Editing.
Despite its critical acclaim, JFK was not a box office success, grossing only $70 million against its $40 million budget. JFK is often overshadowed by other movies about the Kennedy assassination, such as Abraham Zapruder’s home movie of the assassination, which was JFK’s most iconic scene. JFK is also overshadowed by Stone’s other films, such as Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July.
JFK is a complex and controversial film that deals with the JFK assassination in a unique way. The movie JFK presents the theory that there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy, and it was not just the work of one lone gunman. JFK is an important movie because it brings up questions about what really happened during the Kennedy assassination and whether or not there was a cover-up.
There are so many conspiracy theories. What did Kennedy’s Vice President Lyndon Johnson know? Why was the official story so hard to believe? What about the Zapruder film, the Central Intelligence Agency, Jack Ruby, or the military-industrial complex? What about Clay Shaw, the magic bullet, the Warren Commission, the Warren Report, and the Collection Act? What about the Boston Globe, the Soviet Union, the key witnesses who never testified, the three shots, the single-shot theory?
If you are looking for a complex and thought-provoking movie about President Kennedy’s assassination, then JFK is a perfect choice. JFK is a must-see for any fan of Oliver Stone or Kevin Costner.
JFK: A Must-Watch Movie for Fans of Historical Films
If you’re a fan of historical films, then JFK is a must-watch. Directed by Oliver Stone and starring Kevin Costner, the film depicts the events leading up to and following the assassination of President Kennedy. JFK is widely considered to be one of the best films about who killed Kennedy, and it’s sure to leave you with a greater understanding of one of the most pivotal moments in American history.
Was JFK Really Killed By The Lone Gunman?
JFK is one of the most controversial presidents in American history. Who killed Kennedy has been the subject of much debate and speculation. In 1991, Warner Bros released a film called JFK, in which Kevin Costner starred in. The film suggests that JFK was not killed by a lone gunman, but by a conspiracy involving the U.S. government. This theory has been disputed by many historians and experts, but it continues to be popular among some people.